A dedicated, hard-working and precise removals professional with five years experience working for domestic and commercial clients.
- Ran a busy nationwide van and man business for two years with clients ranging from house moves to upmarket furniture companies achieving many 5 star reviews on Google, Facebook, testimonials and recommendations.
- Worked full time for a Cornwall based removal company driving for up to 14 hour days and moving up to five bedroom houses.
- Worked with existing van and man businesses to carry extra work load when needed.
- Provided transit services for a not-for-profit, which provided furniture to tenants.
- Provided specialist removals for motorbike collectors and upright pianos using ramps and harnesses.
DAVID HOLDEN REMOVALS January 2017 – present
- Created fliers, website, social media profiles and Gumtree advert to start business from scratch.
- Found a vehicle to move up to a three-bedroom house.
- Made regular long trips around the country including to the South east and back within one day.
- Provided removal services for an upmarket furniture business to move premises.
- In busy times, sourced work to contemporaries and paid a porter for work requiring two people.
- Became the most recommended removals man in the Falmouth area and received 5 star testimonials for communication, customer service, punctuality and speed of service.
- Provided specialist removals for valuable motor-cycles including ramps and harnesses for a collector.
- Regularly moved equipment for musicians for live performances including upright pianos.
- Collected furniture for a range of clients from retailers around the country.
TURNERS REMOVALS March 2016 to 2017
- Worked as part of a full-time team providing large home removal services.
- Worked up to 18 hour days.
- Drove around the whole of the United Kingdom.
- Wrapped, packed and carried valuable cargo without any damage in company vehicles.
- Enjoyed working as part of a team and long journeys driving solo.
NOT FOR PROFIT 2013 – 2016
- Provided removals for an organization, which delivered second hand furniture to clients.
- Worked on own and with other people.
- Handled items carefully to keep costs down.
Provided van and man services at short notice for a range of clients.
Living in Cornwall I have been learning to surf, which I try to do every weekend when not working and enjoying other watersports in my spare time, such as white water rafting.
Clean driving license
Social media and website marketing
Precise vehicle maneuvering skills
Creative and practical van loading to maximise space.
Punctuality, good time keeping and communication skills.
Quick, economical and well-matched solution finding and execution